Welcome to the Standhope Ultra Challenge (the SUC)! 2016 will feature the 60K and 30K on August 20th. This is not a beginner-level ultra. The race peaks out at 11,000 feet over rough terrain and passes along the shores of Goat Lake, the highest lake in Idaho. Entrants will be rewarded with a truly breathtaking mountain run, possibly taking the prize as your most beautiful trail run. This is a world-class course and will likely fill up early. Check out the Course page for topo maps and an elevation profile. To connect with other runners, visit our Facebook page.
News & Updates:
- Are you an EMT? We would LOVE to have your help. Please fill out the volunteer form on our volunteer page and we’ll be in touch.
- We are not having a stage race this year due to lack of interest. The 60K/30K will still be held August 20th.
- We have a course preview video finally! Click me to view via Youtube.
- Listen to the official Standhope 60k Theme Song, composed by your RD Ben Trail Thrasher Blessing.
- We now have an imgur gallery! Check it out: http://imgur.com/a/bQDkp
- Like us on Facebook and Twitter!
- Hank Dart’s pictures are here.
- Brian’s report for the Times News in Twin Falls is here.
The official charity of the Standhope 60K Ultramarathon is the ARPKD/CHF Alliance. Let’s find a cure for this kidney disease!
administered by the Salmon-Challis National Forest.